California Health Sciences University (CHSU) is pleased to invite you to our two-day Educational Summit, held November 5-6, 2019. All registrants who complete this two-day training are eligible for TBL certification.
November 5-6, 2019
9:00am to 4:30pm
45 N. Clovis Ave
Clovis, CA 93612
More about Team-Based Learning (TBL)
Team-based learning is an evidence-based collaborative learning teaching strategy that deepens problem-solving, critical thinking, teamwork and communication skills. TBL is a powerful approach to “flipping the classroom” that helps transform classroom teaching into active learning.
Five Fundamental TBL Workshops
- • TBL 101
- • Creating an Effective TBL Module
- • Evaluating MCQs for RATs and Application Activities
- • Improving Facilitation Skills for a TBL Classroom
- • Teamwork Development and Peer Evaluation
Attendees may submit posters aligned to the session theme: Methodologies for Teaching and Learning
If interested in submitting a poster, please submit the title, authors, and a short abstract (up to 250 words) to Ashley Voorneveld at email@example.com.
Abstract Deadline: October 21, 2019
Poster Session: November 6, 2019, 12:00pm-2:00pm
More about TBL Certification
Certification Level 1: Knowledge of the Fundamentals of TBL
Awarded to those attending the five fundamental TBL workshops delivered at this educational summit, by our team of TBLC-certified trainer-consultants.
Criteria based on documentation of participation in workshops, not competence in using TBL.
(Note: there is a $25 application fee that you pay directly to the TBLC)
More about CHSU
We exist to improve the health care outcomes of people living in the Central Valley by:
- Inspiring diverse students from our region to commit to health care careers that serve our region;
- Developing compassionate, highly trained, intellectually curious, adaptive leaders capable of meeting the health care needs of the future through a performance-based education;
- Empowering people to teach, serve, research, innovate, and practice collaboratively in areas of skill and expertise.
Founded in 2012 and envisioned by the Assemi family, California Health Sciences University (CHSU) offers a local option for those seeking doctoral and post-graduate programs and to help remedy the shortage of health care services offered in the Valley. We currently offer a four year Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) program.