Welcome to the Simulation Center
About the CHSU Simulation Center
CHSU’s state-of-the-art, 21,000 square foot Simulation Center is located inside the College of Osteopathic Medicine building and features two highly functional labs and several other simulated-learning areas:
- In-Patient Wing modeled to resemble the hospital environment
- Out-Patient Wing designed to resemble a clinic or doctor’s office
- Anatomy classroom where HoloLens™ Augmented Reality will be used
- Virtual classroom with trainers and hands-on anatomy simulators
Our innovative Simulation Center was meticulously planned to enhance the interactive learning needs of today’s students, particularly concerning the foundations of medical and clinical wisdom.
Research has shown that using interactive simulation experiences in conjunction with classroom learning develops better prepared clinical practitioners while improving quality health care, education, and patient safety. An interprofessional medical education curriculum includes multiple simulation-based learning modalities which is why simulation is an essential part of our University program. The integral parts of the CHSU Simulation Center program are foundational adult learning theory, Standards of Best Practice in Simulation, Standards of Best Practice for Standardized Patients, and Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice.
The CHSU Simulation Center is also dedicated to education beyond its doors. There will be many opportunities for the community to collaborate with simulation and health care experts in simulation-based educational experiences within the Simulation Center and simulation education training. If you are interested in learning more about how you can collaborate with us, please visit our Community Education and Training page.
The CHSU Simulation Center aims to serve as the leader for healthcare simulation in California.
We will be a model of interprofessional simulation that will:
- Inspire participants to apply knowledge with hands-on skills practice
- Develop interactive learning with simulation-based experiences
- Empower compassionate, highly trained, intellectually curious members of the healthcare team
College of Osteopathic Medicine Building
2500 Alluvial Ave
Clovis, CA 93611