Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar supports the educational purpose and mission of California Health Sciences University. We guard the integrity, confidentiality, and security of educational records in compliance with state and federal laws.
Our office manages student registration, academic catalogs, academic calendars, transcripts, diplomas, student professional & licensing documentation, name changes, and enrollment/degree verifications.
Enrollment and Degree Verification Requests
- If you need verification of your enrollment or completion of degree, please complete, sign, and submit the Enrollment/Degree Verification Request form. If you have a document from an external agency to be completed, please include the document with your request form and submit to the Office of the Registrar by mail, email, fax, or in person. Requests are processed within 3-5 business days.
- If you are a Third-Party requesting verification of an enrollment for a CHSU student or degree completion for an Alumni, please Fax your request to the Office of the Registrar at 559-473-1487.
Order a Transcript
Students and Alumni can print an unofficial transcript at no charge through their SONIS Student Portal. Students will need to log in and click on the Transcript button located at the top of their Bio page.
Order your Official Transcripts through Parchment online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The online ordering system is easy to use and secure, and you no longer have to make a special trip to campus or mail-in your transcript request. California Health Sciences University charges $10.00 for an official transcript. Additional postage fees are applied for transcripts mailed or expedited.
Privacy and ferpa
California Health Sciences University is committed to the protection and confidentiality of student records and safeguards the privacy and security of those records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). FERPA is a federal law that pertains to the release of and access to student educational records.
|Change of Address||University||Use to update local, mailing, or permanent address, phone numbers, personal email address. Local address only, can be done through the SONIS student portal.|
|Course Grade Appeal (COM)||College of Osteopathic Medicine||Request must be submitted within 10 days of grade posting.|
|Course Grade Appeal (COP)||College of Pharmacy||Request must be submitted within 10 days of grade posting.|
|FERPA Authorization to Release Non-Directory Records||University||Use this form to authorize an ONGOING release (for parents, etc.) that will be kept on file.|
|FERPA Consent to Release Student Information||University||Use this form to authorize a ONE TIME release (for employers, banks, etc.)|
|FERPA Opt-Out Directory Information||University||Use this form to opt-out from the release of directory information.|
|Legal Name Change||University||Use this form for Legal Name Changes|
|Leave of Absence Request (COP)||College of Pharmacy||Use this form to request a temporary Leave of Absence.|
|Leave of Absence Request (COM)||College of Osteopathic Medicine||Use this form to request a temporary Leave of Absence.|
|University Withdrawal||University||Use this to completely withdraw from the University.|
To graduate from CHSU, all applicable program degree graduation requirements must be satisfied during the year of degree conferral.
Students who have not satisfied all requirements of the degree prior to the commencement ceremony may participate in the commencement ceremony if requirements are expected to be completed by the end of the summer term of the same year. The conferral date will be posted upon successful completion of pending degree requirement(s).
Application to Graduate
Students who are eligible to graduate will receive an email in January of the conferral year from the Office of the Registrar to complete a Graduation Petition Form. An Official Transcript Request Form for release of official transcript to applicable licensing and examination boards will be included with the Graduation Petition Form to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
Students must apply for graduation by submitting the Graduation Petition Form to the Office of the Registrar prior to the graduation application deadline of February 28th of the degree conferral year.
Prior to the commencement ceremony, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete an exit interview with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Check with the Business Office for any outstanding financial requirements or obligations. Diplomas with a hold on the record cannot be released until the hold is removed by the Business Office.
- Return any CHSU or college owned property and equipment.
The diploma will list your legal name as it appears on your CHSU student record. If your name is incorrect or has changed, you will need to submit a Legal Name Change Request Form and supporting documentation prior to graduation to the Office of the Registrar. Name changes are not accepted after graduation.
Diplomas are distributed at the commencement ceremony or by mail. Diplomas will be mailed for degrees that are conferred after the commencement ceremony date. Please check the address listed in your student record is accurate and current.
CHSU conducts an annual commencement ceremony to officially award degrees, after the conclusion of the Spring semester. Students are expected to attend the commencement ceremony. Regalia is required to be worn for the ceremony. For details on the commencement ceremony and ordering regalia, please visit the college graduation pages.
SONIS Student Portal
The SONIS Student Portal is your secure student portal to manage your University account and provides access to your CHSU student records. The student portal allows current students and alumni to view official grades, GPA, financial aid information, tuition/fees information, course schedules, and degree audits. In addition, you can make updates to certain records such as address changes, emergency contact information and upload documents.
Current students access the student portal with unique credentials provided by CHSU IT prior to matriculation to the University.
The SONIS Student Portal can be accessed at https://sonis.chsu.edu
Steps to Logging on to SONIS Single-Sign on:
- Step 1: Select either “Student” or “Alumni” from the pull-down Login menu.
- Step 2: For new incoming students/alumni – enter your CHSU email account & password you received from CHSU IT. Once you have entered the information, you will be asked to provide a four-digit PIN number on the first login attempt only. After the first login, you will log on to the portal by clicking on the “Login with Microsoft”. For current students, you can login with Microsoft.
CHSU uses D2L Brightspace as the primary learning management system, providing an innovative approach in creating, hosting, and editing online learning resources to support student learning.
Steps to Logging on to Brightspace
- Step 1: Log in to https://chsu.brightspace.com/d2l/login
- Step 2: Enter your CHSU Username and Password (initial sign on)
- Step 3: Click “Log In”
Find your course in Brightspace
- Step 1: After logging on to Brightspace, on the top of the page, click on the nine squares at the top right hand corner
- Step 2: Enter the course you are searching for: (i.e., COM 1995) and enter.