Welcome to the Office of the Registrar
California Health Sciences University’s Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the University’s official student records and safeguards the privacy and security of those records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
We support CHSU students, alumni, faculty and staff by:
- Maintaining academic records and ensuring student data privacy standards are met
- Creating student courses and student registration in the student management system
- Processing final student grades and grade changes
- Preparing transcripts and diplomas
- Completing degree audits to ensure students meet graduation requirements
- Supporting commencement planning
- Supporting students with professional & licensing documentation
- Maintaining the University Catalog, Academic Calendar and course schedules
- Maintaining curricular compliance
- Maintaining policies and procedures concerning student enrollment and academic record management
Who We Are
Hope Lemons, MAEd
Fax: 559-473-1487 Attn: Office of the Registrar
120 N Clovis Ave
Clovis, CA 93612
The university catalog is the official source of university information regarding academic policies and procedures, admissions policies and procedures, student services, tuition and fees, financial aid information, programs information and course descriptions, academic calendars, faculty information and more.
Current Academic Calendar
Archived Academic Calendars
Degree and Enrollment Verification Requests from Students or Alumni
The Office of the Registrar can provide verification of student enrollment/degree status to third parties in writing at the student’s request. The student/alumni must complete, sign, and submit the Enrollment/Degree Verification Request form to the Office of the Registrar by email, fax, or in person. Requests are processed within 3-5 business days.
Enrollment verification can include the following information:
- Current enrollment status
- Number of credits
- Expected graduation date and term
- Degree sought/awarded
- Enrollment history: terms attended and term dates
- GPA optional
Delivery options are mail, fax, pick-up, and email (only to your CHSU email address).
Degree and Enrollment Verification Requests from Third Parties
To obtain a degree or enrollment verification for a CHSU student, please send your request via Fax to:
Fax: Attn: Office of the Registrar 559-473-1487
Student Initiated Forms
|Change of Address||University||Use to update local, mailing, or permanent address, phone numbers, personal email address. Local address only, can be done through the SONIS student portal.|
|Course Grade Appeal (COP)||College of Pharmacy||Request must submitted within 10 days of grade posting.|
|Elective Add/Drop Request (COP)||College of Pharmacy||Use to add/drop an elective course in the PharmD program only. If adding an Independent Study, it must be accompanied by a completed Independent Study form.|
|Emergency Contact Information||University||Use this form to add or update your emergency contact information. Can also be done in the SONIS student portal.|
|FERPA Authorization to Release Non-Directory Records||University||Use this form to authorize an ONGOING release (for parents, etc.) that will be kept on file.|
|FERPA Consent to Release Student Information||University||Use this form to authorize a ONE TIME release (for employers, banks, etc.)|
|FERPA Opt-Out Directory Information||University||Use this form to opt-out from the release of directory information.|
|Independent Study Request||University||Use this form to request to be registered for an Independent Study course after speaking to the course director.|
|Leave of Absence Request||University||Use this form to request a temporary Leave of Absence.|
|Transcript Release to CA State Board of Pharmacy (COP)||College of Pharmacy|
|Transcript Release to Out-of-State Board of Pharmacy (COP)||College of Pharmacy|
|Transcript Request||University||Use this to request official transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be obtained on the SONIS student portal.|
|University Withdrawal||University||Use this to completely withdraw from the University.|
The SONIS Student and Alumni Portal is your access to your official CHSU student records. From the portal, you can access your biographical information, emergency contacts, class schedule, unofficial transcripts, degree progress reports, billing statements, account payments, etc.
Use the pull-down Login menu in the upper right corner to select Student or Alumni as shown below:
Click the Login with Microsoft options using your CHSU email account & password. Do NOT use your ID and PIN on first login.
Set your four-digit PIN on your first log-in. You may be asked to provide your PIN to CHSU faculty or staff to verify your identity.
The Brightspace Student Learning Portal gives students access to course materials, announcements, and resources. Students can interact with professors and their classmates all in one place!
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the University’s official student records and safeguards the privacy and security of those records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). FERPA is a federal law that pertains to the release of and access to student educational records.
FERPA provides students the following rights:
- The right to inspect and review their education records.
- The right to seek to amend education records that are believed to be inaccurate or misleading.
- The right to demand that personally identifiable information be disclosed only with student consent, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- The right to file a complaint against the institution not complying with this law.
What is an education record?
- Any record which contains information that is personally identifiable to a student and is maintained by the university or by a party or organization acting on behalf of the school.
- This may include written and printed documents, electronic media, film, CDs, video or audio tapes.
- Transcripts or other records obtained from a school in which a student was previously enrolled.
What information is not considered part of an education record?
- Sole possession records or private notes of individual faculty or staff that are not accessible or released to other personnel
- Law enforcement or campus security records
- Medical records
- Alumni records
- Application materials, confidential letters of recommendation received by the University
- Some items of academic record under certain conditions
- Other records pursuant to the policies and procedures of the Registrar.
What is directory information?
- Directory information is information contained in an education record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or invasion of privacy if disclosed.
- The following items are designated as directory information at CHSU:
- Student’s Name
- CHSU E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Field of Study
- Classification (Class of/Graduate)
- Enrollment Status
- Dates of Attendance
- Club and/or Organization Memberships
- Degrees, Honors, and Awards
- Most Recent Institution Attended
Students may request non-disclosure of directory information to the public by submitting a Request to Opt-Out of Directory Information form to the Office of the Registrar.